Sunday, April 18, 2010

Strange...

Today has been an interesting day. 

I made some really great broccoli and cheese soup

and it was oh-so-tasty. I got some really great coupons online and I saved $6.50 at Wal-Mart, even $2.00 on an acrylic nail kit. Yeah, I did my own acrylic nails for $5.48! You know what, they look pretty okay. I got my printer and my scanner back for my computer. I even got a little housework done, and apparently, it's been waiting on me all week. 

And then I get a facebook notification that says, "Blank would like to add you as a friend." And this struck me, because I haven't seen "blank" in about 6 years, and while our friendship did not end on bad terms, it wasn't exactly amicable, either. So I was a little taken aback. But I friended her because I believe that the past is in the past. I sent "blank" a message asking very matter-of-factly what happened to our friendship, but I have yet to hear a response. But I just don't know what to do. On the one hand, I thought about this person every day, and tried every possible way to find her on the internet. I've missed her dearly, she was my best friend in high school. But on the other hand....what happened to our friendship back then? I try not to dwell on the past and let bygons be bygons, but this time I just can't help it. I mean, she just left. We had a little tiff and she just disappeared. I had no chance to explain myself, try to work things out, nothing. But we have both married and had children since then, and I would like to think that we've both grown up a little. 

So, all in all, I suppose it was a pretty good day. I don't have many of those anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment